COMPANY: FastTrack Communications
Plans accounting activities within the Finance department by personally performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll.
- Preparesvarious financial statements and reports.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Directs and participates in cost analyses and rate studies.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
- Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
- Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Prepares and reviews financial statementswith management personnel.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of new accounting, timekeeping, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls.
- Provides assistance as required to Company Bookkeeper:
- Apply payments to customer accounts
- Create purchase and work orders
- Process invoices, post to vendor accounts, and issue checks
- Prepare sales agent commission reports
- Process monthly billing changes, including entering new accounts and submitting final billing
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Education and/or Experience
Associates Degree with two to four years of related experience, or Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university in Accounting or Business with one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary range - $28.00 to $30.50 per hour – salary commensurate with experience
NOTE: This job description covers the major purpose and major responsibilities (functions) of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each task is to be performed. Employees may receive other job-related duties requested by their manager. All requirements are subject to possible modification to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities
FastTrack Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.